Standard specifications for our PVC-U windows.
Pilkington 28mm double-glazed sealed units and 36mm triple glazed sealed units - high thermal insulation and noise reduction.
Full 70mm frame thickness even on the bespoke triple glazed system - less noticeable mastic line and making good on the outside.
Fully welded framework, no screwed together joints - makes them more rigid and sturdy
All our windows are manufactured locally from the most thermally advanced profiles available and the security systems in place carry an independent ten year insurance against forced entry!
Metal reinforcement in frame chamber - more strength to resist against forced entry.
Glazing beads on the indoors - would be intruders cannot remove the glazing beads from the outdoors.
Era locking system with bear grip twin hooks at every locking point on all windows, Era triple hook, with deadlock and anti jemmy feature as standard on all doors. All carry the Era independant ten year five star guarantee.
Full ten year guarantee on all frames against faulty materials and workmanship.
Automatic ten year insurance backed guarantee on all fitting jobs we do.
Six o' the best tips and hints from THE WINDOW MAN
1. Do not use oil to lubricate squeaky hinges (or any nylon moving parts) use a furniture aerosol wax spray instead, which contains silicone.
2. Once a year spray visible moving metal parts with light oil, particularly door locks and window hinges.
3. Never allow the use of washing up liquid in water when your new windows are cleaned - it attacks and degrades the seals.
4. Use a generous squirt of cream cleanser in a warm water to spring clean white PVC-U (no abrasives should be used on wood grain)
5. Keep sliding patio door tracks brushed clean of mud and dust.
6. Do not lubricate the track, as this will 'pick up' the grit.
7. Make sure there is a key in each room for undoing security locking windows in the event of an emergency.
That's it for now folks!